2022 Spring Manufacturing Summit
“Tackling the Labor Shortage Together”
Wednesday, March 30th 2022- 9:30-11:00am (Doors open at 9:00am to allow for networking)
Minuteman Technical Institute, 758 Marrett Rd, Lexington, Ma
We would like you to join a regional community “Manufacturing Summit” where employers, education and training providers, workforce programs, municipalities and community organizations will meet to discuss and develop solutions to the most pressing issue manufacturers are facing today- the labor shortage.
The labor shortage for Manufacturers in Massachusetts was existing prior to the Covid-19 Pandemic and has been amplified by the conditions of the current economy. This problem is quite complex and there is no simple solution. It’s going to take coordination from all parties to successfully grow the Manufacturing workforce pipeline within this region and we want your input to help drive positive change!
Agenda: (Panelists TBD- Currently being confirmed)
- Panel Discussion moderated by Sean Marshall, Business Services Manager of MassHire Metro South/West Career Centers
- Employer Representation highlighting struggles and a successful solution utilizing the many resources the workforce system has to offer.
- Regional government representation to discuss new and future legislation
- Local municipality representation to discuss what resources are available to assist employers.
- Community “Round Table Discussion” to share ideas on ways to “tackle the labor shortage”
- Next Steps: Form a working group of employers, educational providers, workforce professionals and community organizations to pool resources together to maximize efforts throughout the region.