2022 Summer Manufacturing Summit-
“Tackling the Labor Shortage Together”
- Best Hiring Practices to Diversify Your Candidate Pool
- Regional Manufacturing Month Announcement!
Wednesday, August 17th 2022- 9:30-11:00am (Doors open at 9:00am to allow for networking)
Host: Framingham State University- McCarthy Center – 100 State St, Framingham
We would like you to join a regional community “Manufacturing Summit” where employers, education and training providers, workforce programs, municipalities and community organizations will meet to discuss and develop solutions to the most pressing issue manufacturers are facing today- the labor shortage.
The labor shortage for Manufacturers in Massachusetts was existing prior to the Covid-19 Pandemic and has been amplified by the conditions of the current economy. This problem is quite complex and there is no simple solution. It’s going to take coordination from all parties to successfully grow the Manufacturing workforce pipeline within this region and we want your input to help drive positive change!
- Regional Manufacturing Month Announcement- Summit Organizers will announce upcoming festivities for October’s recognized Manufacturing Month. Employers and educational providers in the region will be hosting events for the community to learn more about the exiciting career opportunities available!
- Panel Discussion – “Best Hiring Practices to Diversify Your Candidate Pool”
- Hear from community leaders with access to a variety of diverse candidate pools to learn how your organization can increase their candidate pools and increase the diversity within their organization
- Panelists: Discussion hosted by Sean Marshall, MassHire MS/W Career Center
- David McLean- Norfolk County Sheriffs Department- Re-Entry Services Manager
- Anne Roberti- Framingham State University- Director of Community Education, Lifelong Learning Coordinator, TESL Program
- Towma Rastad, Metro West Chamber of Commerce, Deputy Director DEI and Member Relations
- Doug Daigle, TRA- Director of Programming, YouthBuild
- Jack McKenna and Darren Bradshaw- MassHire MS/W, Veteran’s Employment Representatives