The MassHire Metro South/West Workforce Board in partnership with the MassHire Metro South/West Career Center is offering free Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) training through a workforce development grant funded by the Commonwealth Corporation.
Candidates eligible for grant participation must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Massachusetts resident who is unemployed or underemployed.
- Must have a state driver’s license and driving record in good standing.
- Must be at least 18 years old in order to take a CDL permit test at the RMV. If a candidate wants to drive trucks/buses over state lines, they must be at least 21 years old.
- Must show proof of U.S. citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residency in the U.S.
- Should have a high school diploma or GED/HiSET, or be working toward an equivalent.
To be considered for participation and grant funding, complete the application forms and submit to Career Center staff or the CDL Training Grant Manager.
If you have questions, contact the career center:
- Zoie Jaklitsch, email@example.com Phone: 508-861-7993 (ext. 713)
Or contact the CDL Training Grant Manager:
- Henry Bryson, firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 508-281-6910 (ext. 3)