Revised April 1, 2020 at 10:00 AM: We will update this page as additional information becomes available.
Governor Charlie Baker has declared a state of emergency effective March 12, 2020 in response to the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For the MassHire MSW Career Centers in Norwood and Framingham, this means that until at least May 4 all business will be conducted remotely, by phone, email, or video conferencing, and not in person.
This includes career advising and case management interviews as well as group activities such as Career Center Seminars, RESEA interviews, workshops and seminars. Case managers will be reaching out to their customers who were scheduled to conduct business to make other arrangements.
Please note: The Department of Unemployment Assistance has determined that your UI benefits will NOT be adversely impacted during this time frame if you do not attend a CCS or RESEA interview.
If you need to file a claim for unemployment benefits, your best option is to do that online at https://uionline.detma.org This service is available daily from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm
You can also file by phone by calling 617-626-6800. That service is currently available 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Please be prepared to experience long wait times due to the volume of unemployment claims being filed.
We are unable to provide in-person assistance with unemployment insurance claims at this time, but we are working with the Department of Unemployment Assistance to develop a process to provide remote technical assistance.
For additional information about unemployment claims and COVID—19:
The DUA is conducting virtual town halls every day. You can join online or by phone; go to this link for more information:
Again, The Department of Unemployment Assistance has determined that your UI benefits will NOT be adversely impacted during this time frame if you do not attend a CCS or RESEA interview.
If you have any questions about career services, please call the Career Center numbers below. Please leave a message with your name, MOSES ID (if available), the reason for your call, and the phone number where you can be reached. Be aware that these phones are not staffed 24/7. In most cases staff will return your call within one business day.
Use this list if you need to contact your Career Advisor, Veterans Representative, Customer Service Specialist, or Business Services Representative.
MASSHIRE NORWOOD CAREER CENTER — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Odessa DeJesus email@example.com
- Monica Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nilaja Pettiford email@example.com
- Jack McKenna firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carl Lavin email@example.com
- Gari Kostadoinova firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helena Dickenson-Pyne email@example.com
- Beverly Mills firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alan Rosen email@example.com
- Antoine Jones, Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
MASSHIRE FRAMINGHAM CAREER CENTER — email@example.com
- Lisa Rosen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janice McQuaid email@example.com
- Doug Cole firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darren Bradshaw email@example.com
- Meg O’Hara firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jaemie Sibbald email@example.com
- Angely Fernandez firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robin Stanton email@example.com
- Carlos Alvarado firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angie Grant, Operations Manager email@example.com
MASSHIRE BUSINESS SERVICES TEAM
- Jennifer McKenna firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eric Fernandez email@example.com
- Karla Torrez firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sean Marshall email@example.com
CAREER CONNECTIONS YOUTH PROGRAM
- Patty Gorman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pam Butanowicz email@example.com
- Lynn Myatt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brian Marvie email@example.com
- Trish Lucier, Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org
MASSHIRE METRO SOUTH/WEST WORKFORCE BOARD — email@example.com / 508-281-6910
This is a very difficult time for everyone. We look forward to the passing of this crisis and getting back to normal activities. Thank you for your patience and we hope that you and your families remain healthy.